SBI Mini Statement: Contents, Usage & Different Options to Get it
In simple words, an SBI mini statement is like a quick peek into your recent bank activities. It shows you a short list of the latest things that happened in your SBI bank account, like money you put in (deposits), money you took out (withdrawals), and other stuff. This helps you see what’s been going on with your money without reading a big, detailed account statement. Think of it as a simple picture of what’s been happening with your bank account lately.
Contents of an SBI mini statement
An SBI mini statement contains the following information:
- It displays the most recent account activities, including withdrawals, deposits, transfers, and more.
- Each transaction is accompanied by the date when it occurred.
- A brief description of the transaction, such as “ATM Withdrawal,” “Deposit,” “Online Transfer,” etc.
- A unique reference number associated with each transaction for tracking purposes.
- The amount involved in each transaction, indicating whether it’s a credit or debit.
- The mini statement might also include your account balance after each transaction, helping you keep track of your available funds.
- Your account number and other relevant details are usually provided at the top of the statement.
We can get an SBI mini-statement through multiple methods such as ATM, SBI mobile banking, Internet Banking, Missed call banking, SMS banking and also by visiting the bank branch during working hours. If you wish to visit the bank then, you need to know SBI bank timings. Let’s have a quick overview of it before jumping into the various options available for getting an SBI mini statement.
SBI bank timings
The general SBI working hours on weekdays that is from Monday to Saturday is 9:00 am to 3:30 am. And on weekends, the bank remains closed on the second and fourth Saturdays but, opened on the first, third and fifth Saturdays. On all Sundays and general holidays the bank remains closed.
SBI has lunch hours from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm. During the covid-19 lockdown, the bank reduced its working hours to a few hours a day with minimum staff. However, after the lockdown, the working hours have been resumed to normal times.
Methods to get an SBI mini statement
Through Net Banking service
To get an SBI mini statement through Internet banking, you need to first register for Internet banking service. The steps will be provided later in this article. If you are already registered, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of SBI and log in to your account by entering your credentials. These are the user id and password that you created while registering for Internet banking.
- After you logged into your account, go to the ‘account details section.
- Then, you can view your recent transaction history.
- You can use internet banking service for other banking activities like fund transfers, making purchases, taking loans from the bank etc.
Through WhatsApp Banking
SBI has introduced Whatsapp Banking where customers can have quick and easy access to some banking activities.
- Add the SBI WhatsApp Banking number +919022690226 to your contacts.
- Open WhatsApp and find “SBI WhatsApp” in your contacts. Send a message saying “Hi” to that number.
- To check how much money is in your account, just send “1”. If you want a list of your recent transactions, send “2”.
- Remember, you have to use the phone number you registered with the bank to send messages on WhatsApp.
Through Missed call banking service
This method is also quick and easy. You just need to dial 09223866666 from your registered mobile number. Let it ring for sometime and then, it will get disconnected automatically. Not long after that, you will get an SMS containing the information of your last five to ten transactions.
Through SMS banking service
- Open the messaging app on your phone.
- Compose a new message in the format, “MSTMT”.
- Send it to the SBI SMS banking number: 09223866666.
- You’ll receive an SMS containing the mini statement of your SBI account, which includes details of your recent transactions.
Remember that standard SMS charges may apply.
To get an SBI mini statement through ATM, visit any State Bank of India ATM near you. Insert your SBI ATM card into the machine and enter your personal identification number (PIN). On the ATM screen, you’ll be presented with a range of options. Look for the choice labeled “Mini Statement” or “Account Statement” among these options. Select the “Mini Statement” option. The ATM will then process your request and generate a printed receipt. This receipt will contain information about your recent transactions, showing withdrawals, deposits, and other activities on your account. If you require assistance, you can also take the help of the ATM security personnel.
Note: Do not disclose your ATM pin to anyone.
How to register for Internet banking service?
- Go to the official website of Canara bank from any browser and select new registration. Then, there will be a page for ‘terms and conditions’. You can move on to the next page by selecting ‘I agree’.
- Provide all the required details before clicking submit.
- An OTP will be sent to the number which you registered. Enter that OTP for authentication.
- Then, you need to set your password following the bank’s parameter. The password is usually 8 characters containing at least one uppercase, lowercase with numerical figures. Now check the form once again and click ‘Submit’.
How to register your mobile number for missed call and SMS banking service?
- You can go to a any Canara Bank branch nearby.
- Ask for a mobile number registration form and fill out the spaces provided with accurate details like your account number, name, current mobile number, and any other required information.
- Once you’ve filled out the form, submit it to the bank staff. They will ask for your identification documents for verification purposes. You can provide your Aadhaar card, driving licence, passport or any other government-issued identity card.
- After submitting the form and completing the necessary verification, the bank will update your mobile number in their records.
- Once your mobile number is registered with bank, you’ll start receiving SMS alerts and notifications related to your Canara Bank account on your newly registered mobile number.